Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I've been without internet for a month, but I blogged in my notebook

Picture this:
Jetstar flight JQ889 makes a sharp bank to the left after takeoff, to head in the opposite direction. I notice a small speck on my window, and my eyes focus on the close up object, rather than the full landscape.
Then I open my eyes. I see the wider picture; the layers and types of cloud, the sun, the rivers, the houses.
I'd like to think that looking at that speck was like my life in mackay, and my broader view, with limitless boundaries represents my new life in Brisbane. It's time to change my life, to clean up my act.
I need to be more proactive, less lazy, more focused on the goals I've set myself.
I've made changes to initialise a fresh start; a clean slate: new hair, different clothes, surrounding myself in different people. I need to focus on the big picture, even when the sun hits the clouds and hurts my eyes. Wish me luck.




I'm in Brisbane now, and I love university, I've finally found a place where I really belong. Living on college makes it hard to just be alone sometimes, but I try to make time for it. On one of my so called philosophy walks, I wondered why the english language is so set in stone. The worlds of Science, Medicine and Technology are constantly evolving, as new developments are made, but our language, not slang but serious formal language, remains the same. There are still things the English language can't account for, and it doesn't look like changing anytime soon, or maybe I just had too many tablets for my cold.

1 comment: