Tuesday, October 6, 2009

i'll thumb your tack in a minute if you're not careful

eeeeeeeeeeeeeep!
Brooke forgot to blog for a while there
I was busy at work, getting harassed by customers, only to get the minimum wage.
For future reference:
1. It is NOT OKAY to greet the me with "hello tiger". I don't care how much fun you're having 'on the prowl', just don't do it.
2. It is NOT OKAY to try and hold my hand as I give you change. ew.
3. It is NOT OKAY to ask me if I know your grandson, or if i'm interested in meeting him. I only work at the shop, I myself am not for sale.
4. It is NOT OKAY to find out when I finish work and wait out front in your convertible with the top down, as the wind whistles over the liverspots on your balded head, and ask if I want a ride home.


With that out of the way, my doily dress a little over half done. Sorry to anyone else in Mackay who went thrifting to buy doilies, there are none left after I've been on a mission. Oh wait, maybe you wouldn't know my plan.
Op shop ball is coming for St Pats (I know, I shudder too when I read St Pats) and I wanted to go a step further than the usual 80's shoulder pad dress, because I bought my formal dress from salvation army for $4.50 (nothing like a half price sale at a thrift shop). Instead, I'm making a dress out of doilies. epic win.

No comments:

Post a Comment